The School has initiated an accelerated academic program called ‘Academic Rigor’.
The objective is to identify gifted students and support them with additional work every week end.
- Every year an aptitude test will be conducted for all the students in the month of July.
- Higher Order thinking skills, precision, application of knowledge, logic and quickness will be assessed in the test.
- Only when the student passes with 90% or above in Mathematics, English, Science and General Knowledge he/she will be selected into the rigor program.
How it is going to give additional support:
- After a lot of research, we are compiling questions from various sources for improving knowledge, thinking skills, problem solving skills, HOTS and language.
- Every Friday, the selected students will be given with 2 hrs of additional work in all 4 subjects.
- They need to do it at home in 2 hrs time ( continuously) and submit the work on Monday morning.
- Correction will be done by the respective teachers.
- Wednesday of the same week, a feedback to these students will be given by the teachers during a lunch meeting.
All those students who will do their work systematically and diligently will be rewarded in the school assembly from time to time. By the end of the first term, a test for these students will be conducted and prizes will be given to those who show remarkable development in their abilities.